Being a Chef Manager in Education offers you a real way to make a difference whilst remaining in an industry you enjoy. Serving the Education sector requires a passion for creating great food, with the emphasis on ensuring meals are balanced to support the health and nutritional needs of growing students.
You’ll work with a great team of people dedicated to celebrating fresh and nutritious food to fuel, educate and nourish the students at St Patrick’s College, and you’ll make a difference every single day.
Show me the money:
- $75,000 + super
- complete 6 day work-weeks during term to accrue time in lieu for the school breaks
What does a day in the life of a Chef Manager at Cater Care look like?
- Food preparation and presentation of all meals served in a 4 week menu
- Adherence to dietary requirements (allergies, special requests)
- Use of your creative flair with the presentation
- Ensuring compliance to the Food Safety Program
- Stock ordering, rotation and stocktaking
- Maintaining budgetary KPIs
- Maintaining a clean kitchen, equipment and utensils
- Adherence to legislated food hygiene and general safety practices
- Fast, effective service provided with a smile
- Assisting the broader team as required
- Demonstrating a strong safety culture aligned with the Cater Care Safety Commitments
- Leading a diverse team to achieve their best
What you will need:
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member
- Ability to lead, encourage and drive a supportive culture
- A commitment to genuine, friendly customer service
- A motivated, enthusiastic and positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Pride in personal appearance and hygiene
- A first rate safety focused attitude
- A Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent (high volume bulk cookery experience is highly regarded but is not essential)
- Ability to obtain a Blue Card for Working with Children
- You will need be able to work a 6 day week during term time as you will need to accrue time in lieu for the school breaks
If you are interested in this role, please click ‘Apply‘ below and submit an up-to-date resume. If you would like to know more details please call Bianca or Deb Poulton on 1300 927 592.