We are looking for a friendly Head Chef at our Belrose aged care residence!
This is a small site (you’ll be cooking for 10 or less residents every day), perfect for a chef looking to gain management experience or for a Head Chef looking for a great workplace atmosphere!
Roster: Wed – Sun (8:00am – 4:30pm)
What This Role Involves:
- Overall kitchen management – leading & managing chefs, kitchen hands & catering assistants
- Menu planning meals suitable for the aged care residents
- Cooking a variety of nutritious home style & gourmet meals
- Conducting stock takes, ordering stock & monitoring food costs
- Monitoring & promoting kitchen hygiene and Food Safety Practices
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Certificate III (or similar) in Commercial Cookery
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate (mandatory)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role within an institutional setting
- Demonstrable team leadership & management
- Experience in bulk cooking, functions/conferences and/or high-end catering
- Friendly & professional customer service skills with a positive attitude
- Strong time management skills
- Pride in personal appearance & hygiene
If you are interested in this role, please click ‘Apply‘ below and submit an up-to-date resume. If you would like to know more details please call Bianca or Deb Poulton on 1300 927 592.