We are currently searching for an experienced Quality or HSE and Training/Leader that has industry experience preferably in the mining, civil, services and indigenous business arena for a Permanent Site Assurance Officer position for a civil and mining contractor that with sites in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- 8/6 roster
- Permanent position
- Located in the Pilbara region
Purpose of the position:
The role provides site Assurance accountability and responsibility for each individual Project and Services Line to company’s Operations Administration Officers. They may be Project Managers, Project Engineers or Services Managers. The role ensure that the company’s site Assurance requirements are met effectively, efficiently and sustainably. The role delivers onsite Assurance and HSET/QMS leadership and for all the company’s activities across its diverse range of core, supplementary and ancillary service offerings consistent with company and industry policy standards.
Key responsibilities but not limited to;
- Provide leadership and advice to site management on Quality, Health, Safety and Environment processes and systems
- Ensure that the company’s Quality Management Systems are being followed and that matters raised are reported to the Operations Manager during the “appraisal” phase
- Provide training and assessment to operators and maintenance personnel that meet relevant standards and statutory requirements
- Maintenance of accurate training and assessment records
- Deliver document and version control of site safety and training materials and ensure they are up to date with legislative requirements.
- Report to the company’s Quality Services Manager in relation to document and version control of site safety and training materials
- Undertake all site audits
- Provide input into process and procedure reviews
- Manage mission-critical interfaces between the Client site procedures
- Review risk and other site assessment and prepare and promulgate general quality, health, safety and environmental information always consistent with the company’s policy.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly project and/or services QMS reporting and data entry also, that and reports required for the Quarterly Management Review meetings
- Compile, collate and maintain project QMS records as required
- Liaise continually with the PM, PE or SM and Site Superintendents through the Site communications processes to facilitate consistent site Quality Assurance
- Participate and/or minute all company’s ‘mission-critical’ QMS and other site meeting interfaces: Start-ups, HSE related, Quality Management System related, Tool-Box and Staff Meetings as required
- Coach, mentor and train any and all staff within the firm as may be required
- Undertake any training and professional development required by the company in order to develop as a valued employee and executive team participant
Skills & Experience required;
- Proven experience as Quality or HSE and Training/Leader within a successful Corporation or SME – preferably in the mining, civil, services and indigenous business arena
- A minimum of five years experience with a relevant Certificate IV Workplace Health and Safety, or equivalent or a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment in addition to qualifications
- Sound knowledge of Quality, Safety and Environmental processes relating to civil, mining, construction sites as well as plant and equipment and personnel
- Word processing, secretarial skills, Microsoft applications proficiency in word, excel, PowerPoint and project, good level of verbal and written communication skill and, ideally, senior first-aid certificate
- WA Drivers licence Class C and 4WD Certificate
- Proven experience in the administration, operation and the requirements of Quality Management Systems.
- Proven high level customer relations management skills
- Proven high level leadership and facilitation skills; particularly in situations where the outcome in unclear and ambiguous
- Strong personal and inter-personal facilitation and negotiation skills
- Broad knowledge of HR/IR requirements relating to Fair Work as well as OH&S generally
If this sounds like a role for you, please apply today!