We have a fantastic opportunity to join a department of the Government as an ICT Procurement Support Officer on a contract basis for 12 months.
- Located in ACT
- Contract position for 12 months (Potential to be extended)
- 3 month probation period imposed in contract
Purpose of the position:
To assist with supporting and accurately administering ICT procurement activities within the organisation. This includes drafting and preparing procurement document packs and obtaining necessary approvals in accordance with Departmental procurement policy and legislation. Liaising with relevant staff and Defence procurement stakeholders, to efficiently and cooperatively progress procurement activities, maintaining an overview of concurrent procurement activities and appropriately forecasting and prioritising work.
The ICT Procurement Support Officer will be expected to undertake simple and complex ICT procurement activities to support the deliverables and projects in a manner that is compliant with company’s Procurement Rules, Defence Instructions and Land Capability Division Business Rules. The ICT Procurement Support Officer will be confident with task coordination, communication and maintaining ‘dashboards’ or similar artefacts to support briefing, decision making and record keeping. This includes ensuring staff have appropriate information and defensible audit records regarding current and historic procurement activities.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Minimum of Procurement and Contract Management Diploma or related Degree required
- Demonstrated experience as an ICT Procurement Support Officer, or similar role
- Demonstrated experience delivering procurement support to executive level staff in a Government Department
- Experience with IT Service Management Frameworks, such as ITIL and experience in Software Asset Management
- Sound skills in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly effective written skills to support documentation and communication requirements, and the ability to work effectively in an agile team environment
- Must have Negative Vetting Level 1
- Applicants must be Australian Citizen
If this sounds like a role for you, and you have the essential requirements for the role, please apply today!