- Grasping the expected outcomes of injuries, such as predicting full recovery, determining appropriate treatments, and gauging the necessary treatment duration.
- Engaging in technical conversations with medical professionals and comprehending medical documents like independent medical reports and diagnostic scans.
- Assessing workers’ injuries over the phone and promptly advising on-site personnel on how to initially handle the injury.
- Coordinating appointments for employees with the relevant medical specialists.
- Identifying suitable tasks that align with a worker’s abilities based on the nature of their injury (e.g., lower limb, spine, or upper limb).
- Creating and conveying work capacity plans.
- Collaborating with relevant workers’ compensation regulatory agencies and insurance providers regarding workers’ compensation claims, including claim submissions and ongoing management.
- Maintaining communication with the Safety Team Administrator regarding the management of claims data and information.
- Overseeing Workers’ Compensation Payroll requirements and the Insurance Reconciliation process.
- 1-2 years workers compensation claim management experience (or exposure to a similar industry), as well as a good working knowledge of allied health industry, would be highly regarded.
- However, candidates who have recently graduated with commensurate Tertiary studies (e.g. Exercise & Health Science, Occupational Therapy etc) will be considered for the role.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to handle a busy and varied work day
- Motivated and passionate about the support you provide to individuals and the business as a whole
Please apply via this ad, or alternatively reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.