This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company renowned worldwide for its high quality products and initiative technologies within the yacht and naval ship building industry. This position is a permanent position.
- Located near Henderson
- Permanent position
- Full time hours
- $80k + superannuation
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of the Inventory Controller main function is to provide operations with an ongoing supply of materials.
To achieve this function effectively, Inventory levels will most effectively fulfil their purpose, The Inventory Controller responsibility is to develop successful systems for managing and replacing supply. Create metrics for optimal inventory levels, based on demand and usage, Identify the critical points at which you should reorder, and introduce digital or paper systems for communicating to your purchasing department when inventory levels drop below these points.
When it comes on what is fast moving, slow moving and non-moving stocks. Inventory also is important if what we received or issued are accurate thru reconciliation if there variances against the records and actual inventory. The inventory controller is to make sure that enough inventory in stock to cover demand during the period of lead time. Lead time will have a certain amount of variation, which may result from shipping delays, production problems at the supplier site, lost orders, defective materials, and numerous other problems so you have to plan to be prepared.
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels
- Processes purchasing orders as required, tracks orders and investigates problems
- Records purchases, maintains database, performs physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports
- Oversee inventory and supply chain management according to company guidelines
- Perform critical inventory tasks to ensure the correct amount of items are in stock
- Maintain updated and accurate records of inventory, including transfers and cycle counts
- Review documentation and monitor product codes to search for discrepancies; troubleshoot quantity discrepancies between stock and records
- Develop and implement improvements to existing operational procedures in order to maximize efficiency and cut operations costs
- Review operations schedules and production requirements to ensure timely order fulfilment
- Track rates of accuracy, purchase and return as well as defective items to inform quality control decisions
- Prepare, generate, and file financial inventory reports and review reports monthly with Supply Chain Management team
- Nurture positive relationships with suppliers and communicate with suppliers on Under, Over, Shortage and Damage (UOSD)
- Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations
- Ensure Storepersons are maintaining the right locations when assigning materials to stock
- Ensure picking is carried out by Storeperson prior to production requirement
- Regular communication with materials co-ordinators on updates and staged materials for production
- Create POs for all warehouse materials
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years experience in a similar position
- Good communication skills
- Problem solver with high sense of responsibility to achieve results.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- MS Excel skills and conversant with other Microsoft Office Applications.
- Willingness to learn.
- Communication, Multitasking, Prioritizing, Organization, Technical, Interpersonal, Problem-solving Abilities, Dependability.
If you are a hard-working and organised individual this role is for you! Please apply today.