Our client is a leading window and doors supplier to the Melbourne market. The company has just been awarded several projects to start immediately and they are looking for their next standout applicant to be trained towards becoming a contractor on a full time basis. This role can be short-term or long-term depending on your aspirations.
This premier company is known Australia wide for manufacturing top quality windows and doors. You will be working on a casual basis with the option to join full time if you can demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to learn.
- $30 per hour – casual full time – on site parking
- Experience preferred but not necessary
- Finish at 3pm everyday whilst working for a company that fosters a safe and engaging work environment focusing on upskilling and career progression
- Low impact labouring work
- Learn how to read schematics and construction plans whilst getting paid
You will be preparing and assembling doors and windows using appropriate hand tools to fit together components to product specifications. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and build to specifications
- Safely operate hand tools
- Follow Quality Control procedures
- Perform and verify Quality Checks
- Use of hand tools, pneumatic drill and hydraulic hand punch;
- Compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental preventative measures.
- Maintaining good communication working within a team and autonomously
- Experience in building frames, windows and fabrication
- Motivated, driven and reliable
- Have a good understanding of WH&S
- Ability to work within a team
- Have good attention to detail
- Great communication skills
- Ability to follow directions, work off job sheets and drawings
- Consistent cutting and measuring skills
Apply now because this opportunity will not last long!!!!