- Supportive team environment, and a great work culture!
- Paying up to $150k + Super + Vehicle
- LOCATED NEWINGTON 2127
Founded in 2004, our client is on an exciting journey to be the biggest small fire agency in Australia! They have recently decided to expand, and have a great opportunity for a driven Projects Engineer to join a fantastic team. With their employee satisfaction being a priority, this makes their company stand out as a great place to work, with a supportive and collaborative team culture!
The primary focus of the Project Engineer is to schedule, plan, design, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
Your main duties would include (but are not limited to);
- Draw and create blueprints and other schematics needed;
- Create models and prototypes;
- Complete complex calculations;
- Design the aesthetics, materials and functionality of components;
- Use CAD, CAN and CAM systems to design and visualise projects;
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects;
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications;
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field;
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Assign responsibilities and mentor project team;
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support;
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions;
- Establish good working relationship with other team members.
- Foster positive communications and relationships with team members, management, vendors and clients;
- Keep up to date on industry trends and developments;
- Actively participate in meetings as requested.
To be successful for this role you will have;
- FULL Australian working rights – Visa’s NOT accepted;
- MUST BE located in NSW;
- Obtain a NSW Driver’s license;
- Minimum 2 years experience in Fire Protection industry either in design or similar role;
- Relevant qualification preferably in civil engineering;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of construction field rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards;
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects;
- Strong project management and supervision skills;
- Ability to work in an office environment as well as in the field as requested;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products including Outlook;
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD;
- Ability to learn company specific software as needed or required;
- Proven track record working with people, teams and projects;
- Ability to work independently, within a team and in a diverse workforce;
- Decision making ability and leadership skills;
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Join a great team of licensed builders, electricians, plumbers, door technicians, sprinkler and pump specialists who install and repair all fire protection systems.
- Friendly and supportive environment;
- Career progression opportunities;
- Competitive salary;
- Job security – Stable full time perm role;
- Phone & laptop provided;
- Internal training provided to assist in progressing into more senior roles!
If you possess the required experience, please click ‘Quick Apply’.
For more information, please call Tayla at Collar Group on 0422 592 015.