Collar Group is currently assisting our client in this role, Our client is a world-class provider of innovative engineered equipment, and aftermarket parts and services to the mining resources and bulk material handling industries, throughout Australia and internationally.
We are seeking an experienced and driven Mechanical Designer to join the team at their head office, based in Perth WA
About the Role,
You will need to be a leader with proven people management skills.
In this role you will be performing the following tasks:
- Produce models and detail drawings of mechanical equipment such as Feeders, Rock breakers, Isolation Gates and Plant.
- Ensure compliance with standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure that all project deliverables meet the project requirements
- Communicate with other departments (Engineering, Project management, Workshop), provide updates, raise issues, and attend team meetings
- Perform checks to ensure the accuracy and consistency of all project drawings and documents throughout the design and detail phase.
- Obtain practical feedback to help continually improve the output of the drawing office regarding accuracy, quality and presentation of drawings and documents.
- Review and adhere to client specifications
- Demonstrate high standard of personal safety and safe design practices
- 5+ years’ experience with mechanical equipment, piping design and hydraulic systems
- Certification in Engineering Drafting and/or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 3D modelling and 2D drafting experience with Autodesk AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault and/or Solid Edge
- Strong detailing skills regarding weld symbols, machining details, geometric tolerancing
- Strong understanding of metal fabrication processes such as welding, sheet metal bending and machining
- Familiar with Australian and Mining Company Standards
- Leadership skills with a strong ability to effectively communicate, designate and organise
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload and deliverables
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- The opportunity to work with a world class provider of engineered equipment
- WA owned and operated OEM celebrating over 35 years of success.
- A professional, informal and flexible working environment, allowing for a good work – life balance, remote working options available, along with additional flexi days each financial year.
- Social and family inclusive workplace with employee benefits including discounted physio, car servicing, gym and health insurance. An active social club.