Would you like to work in a beautiful environment that allows you the opportunity to engage with residents and assist them in living their best life?
Our client is a dynamic and innovative Not-for-profit Aged Care organisation that cares about its residents, their quality of life, dignity and independence. Supporting residents to live their best life, by adhering to their core values of Respect, Accountability, Care and Integrity
Collar Group are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to fulfil the position of Training and Development Coordinator in a Residential Aged Care Facility in Perth’s South Eastern suburbs. The role will work closely with the senior management team reporting to the Clinical Lead and Quality Manager. You will work collaboratively with managers, clinical nurses and staff to determine the training needs of clinical and direct care staff, and other staff as appropriate and evaluate the effectiveness of the programs.
What We Need from You:
- Registered General Nurse, Current Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Minimum of 4 years post-graduate nursing experience.
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment (desirable).
- Prior experience in an aged care setting.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and deliver education as well as plan, conduct and evaluate education and training programs/presentations incorporating adult learning principles.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy in a range of applications including Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to be well organised, flexible and work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality management and continuous improvement cycle.
- Demonstrated contemporary Clinical Assessment Skills.
- Infection Prevention Control experience.
- A demonstrated knowledge of Work Health and Safety principles.
- Knowledge of Aged Care Standards and Accreditation and the Aged Care Funding Instrument (AN-ACC).
- Advanced Computer Skills “Microsoft Suite”
- An unrestricted driver’s licence.
- Current National Police Clearance
What We Are Offering:
- Full-time Opportunity
- Competitive Salary including salary sacrifice.
- 11% super and your choice of fund
- On-going learning and development opportunities
The requirements for this role are outlined in the position description & include:
- Develop and deliver workshops, training programs and activities that support client-centred care and support service delivery requirements and promote skill and capability development in both residential and home care.
- Coordinate the mandatory training requirements for staff and be responsible for the credentialing of support workers as required, completing required documentation post-training.
- Ensure that educational and other strategies reflect clinical evidenced-based best practices and are aligned with agreed workforce development Key Performance Indicators. This will be achieved by establishing educational partnerships with internal Amaroo key personnel and external stakeholders including managers, clinicians, education staff, suppliers and relevant professional organisations.
- Act as a mentor, coach for all new and current clinicians and support workers and play a key role in the delivery of quality clinical services and client care in accordance with the requirements of the Aged Care Act 1997 and Aged Care Quality Standards (2019) and Accreditation Principles 2014– as amended.
- Attend aged care accreditation and contact visits promoting a facility’s practices to ensure successful results are achieved.
- Work with the Clinical Lead & Quality team to identify areas for continuous improvement and assist to implement new procedures.
- Coaching staff in issues identified via the various Amaroo quality audits, troubleshooting complex clinical care scenarios and resources, and preparing site reports of actions and issues.
Previous experience in a similar position will be highly regarded.
Please click the ‘Apply for this Job’ button to submit your application.
Enquiries relating to this position can be addressed to Rachael Bell email@example.com